Thursday, 26 January 2017

I'm Going to Make It Through This Year

It's late for a wrap up post, but things have been busy and I've had a hard time trying to sum up the past year. I feel like most years, I've had at least one or two major events that really stood out and marked that year; graduations, moving to a new city, first visit to Europe, cross-Canada & US road trip, finding love. While this year had a lot of good moments, it seemed like I've finally settled into a routine and tried to work on myself, mentally, health-wise, and work-wise, rather than try to focus all my energy on one specific event. I feel healthier and more confident in myself going into 2017; I spent time looking after myself and my health (I got some insoles to help with some foot issues, I started seeing a physiotherapist to work on some issues with my jaw and my shoulders/back, and working towards fixing my persistent allergy issues, among other things!) and feel a lot more confident than I have with work and am getting a lot better at not getting as stressed about the little things. Some of the high points of the year: Went to Montreal and Quebec City with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary and had a great time. We went to A CAT CAFE and hung out with SO MANY KITTENS. We also got to see Brand New (my third time!) I was in a Taylor Swift cover band and we played a show to over 500 people; definitely the biggest crowd I ever performed for! We did 2 sets of songs and had 3 costume changes, it was a blast. I finally went to Salem for Halloween; it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but we had a good time. Plus we found the wiggly bridge, which was awesome. I went on a road trip through New England and visited a few places I had never gone to before on previous trips - Burlington, Kennebunkport, Orono, and Portsmouth. Here's to another year of growing and improving!

2 comments:

  1. Are you ready to spend adventurous minutes? It's time for The Torture Game 2 to have more fun than previous versions. You can have fun in this game by torturing. Turn violence into reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your blog reviews and comment is useful to us. Why u not upate about modular kitchen designs and price in your blog.

    ReplyDelete