Friday, 19 August 2016

Vanity Fair

I'll keep this one nice and short. Unlike Vanity Fair.



It has taken me about 3 years to finally finish this book because I kept being so bored by the book that I couldn't read more than one chapter at a time, and didn't want to pick it up. There were so many times where I'd be reading and then realize 3 pages in that my mind had wandered so much that I had no idea what I had just read.

I think some of it comes from the fact that there were so many characters with the same name so it was difficult for me to keep track of who the characters were.

I did start enjoying the book more around the last 100 pages or so, but at 806 pages, I wish it hadn't taken so long for me to start finding it interesting.

But the important thing is that I'm now one book closer to reading all the books on the 100 Books To Read Before You Die list.

No comments:

Post a Comment