Tuesday, 23 August 2016

E.T. Phone Home



I finally watched E.T. for the first time and holy shit you guys, that movie gets DARK. Why did no one ever mention the fact that Elliot almost dies!? And E.T. technically dies! I'm so glad I never saw this movie as a child!!

It's strange because for a lot of movies on the AFI 100 list, especially those that came out in the last 30-40 years, it feels like I've already seen them even though I haven't because they're so prominent in pop culture, but I honestly had never even heard mention of those scenes before!

Enjoyed the movie a lot, though - laughed out loud at several parts, got choked up at a few, can definitely understand why it's on the Top 100!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you watched it. So many references in the world that you now get.

    ReplyDelete