Monday, 28 December 2015

Another Year Over

As usual, here's my year in review along with goals for 2016:























Year in review:

+ Week long road trip in California was amazing and included visiting cities I had never thought of and had always bypassed on previous trips.
+ Two fun trips to Toronto - it was the first time I actually really enjoyed myself in the city
+ Finally got to see Dashboard Confessional live and it was perfect
+ One Direction trip was amazing (and the concert as well, of course)
+ Saw a bunch of other bands I've wanted to see: Taylor Swift, Glass Animals, Tanlines, Real Estate, The Cribs, Counting Crows, Skylar Spence
+ Ate Krispy Kreme and In N Out Burger several times
+ Finally went to Medieval Times!
+ Rocked my first ECMW as staff member
+ Lived out my dream of becoming a karaoke host (even though it was short-lived)
+ Three super successful Taylor Swift tribute nights
+ New Hampshire vacation was one of the best vacations I've ever had and I finally had made it back to Funspot
+ Finally lived on my own again
+ Met my boyfriend which was probably the best part of the year tbh - this is, hands down, the best relationship I've ever been in.

I typically end up making a list of 10-15 goals for the upcoming year, but after realizing how little of these items I actually accomplish and how that ends up making me feel like I didn't accomplish anything, even though I did, I've decided to scale that back and just choose 3 goals I think I could actually accomplish, so here they are:

1) Eating healthier most of the time by cooking more often and eating out less (and making more Sunday lunches which will help with saving money and eating healthier while at work!)

2) Being more active; whether that's just walking more often or actually going to the gym/taking classes - anything, really, so long as I'm making an effort to do more than the nothing I'm doing now.

3) Keep my finances in check - I really want to get out of debt and make an effort to start actually saving.

There are a few things I'd like to do in 2016, mainly travel outside of Canada again, dye my hair blue or purple or grey, and finally start on the hair removal train, but those top 3 are things I am really going to try to work on as actual goals.

1 comment: