Sunday, 1 March 2015

New Land

I've been to most Canadian provinces, but had never visited Newfoundland before. (I've also somehow managed to skip over Manitoba both times I've driven across the country?) I've always heard amazing things about Newfoundland and wanted to make my way there some time - luckily my work's festival is taking place in St. John's in April, which meant we went over in January for our press conference!



I was sad that I didn't get to see much of the city (or outside of the city, like we originally wanted to do) since we were only there for three days and spent most of that time in an office trying to get everything sorted. That being said, we did have time to go to some great restaurants. If there's one thing I noticed, is that St. John's has some top quality food. I had one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life at the Yellowbelly and had by far the best donut I've ever encountered at Fixed Coffee and Baking (luckily it's directly across from the office we were working from, so I'm sure I'll be popping by a few more times in April when we're there again).

We stayed at this great brand new hotel called the JAG that was rock 'n roll themed.

The entrance to the lobby.

Each room had a different theme; my coworker had The Ramones room
so clearly I was jealous and wanted to switch, but no luck.

I can't wait to get back there in April and see the city more alive (hopefully we'll have better weather than when we were there in January; and we'll actually get to see some of the night life).

I'd love to check out the west coast in the summer at some point and go see Gros Morne, but that'll be for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment