Saturday, 6 September 2014

NXNW

Another movie off the ol' AFI list! 



I had a long weekend for Labour Day so I took advantage by being extra lazy and watching lots of TV/movies. I decided to finally watch Hitchcock's North by Northwest. I have to be honest that I didn't really know anything about the movie, other than the airplane scene that The Simpsons had reenacted once. 



There were a few times that I really thought "man, this is so predictable" and then was totally surprised! It might seem strange, but the thing that really stuck out to me was the fact that when the actors are kissing they're never actually kissing? They just seem to smush their faces together. I noticed this in a lot of other older movies, too. 



I feel like the ending was so...abrupt. It ended and I kind of just went "what? really?"

Anyway, I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'd be adding it to a list of my favourite movies any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment