Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Empire State of Mind

This past week, I went to New York City with 10 of my friends and it was just the best. We spent 5 nights in the city (way better than the 1 night I was there last time!), and it was pretty much everything I wanted out of the trip - I got to wander around aimlessly in DUMBO and eat some tasty pizza (and I found an autographed copy of Richard Hell's book Hot and Cold!), checked out some Egyptian and Greek exhibits at the Met, drank some Sonic Screwdrivers at the Doctor Who themed Way Station bar, spent the night on a rooftop with the most amazing views of Manhattan, saw some comedy shows including sets by Hannibal Buress and Brooks Wheelan, finally got to go to Coney Island, and of course, saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway with NPH. Plus the whole reason we went: Katy Perry!

Almost the whole crew, pre-Hedwig


Had one of the best pizzas of my life at Juliana's in DUMBO

Post-Katy Perry excitement!

A few of us at Coney Island

Wonder Wheel

Took a stroll in the park

Some street art in DUMBO


Despite the disgusting heat/humidity that made me feel like I was going to pass out almost the entire time, I really had a fantastic trip. I'll have some more detailed entries for a few of the things we did, but really, it was just what I needed; a really great summer road trip with some of my best buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment