Tuesday, 10 June 2014

I Want to Ride my Bicycle


I've been wanting to learn to bike again for years, but living in Halifax where there are less-than-safe cycling conditions (a handful of my friends have been hit by cars while cycling) and lots of hills, it's made me hesitant about trying to get back into it.

When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike everywhere. My dad and I even used to ride in mini bike marathons and races together while I was growing up, but for some reason I totally abandoned it when I was a tween. But I really wanted to start riding again.

I finally got myself a new bike and I'm hoping this is the year. My first few attempts were...less than stellar, to put it lightly. But I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I'll be able to ride to work without fearing for my life.

Any tips for a (sort of) beginner?

And just because I think it's appropriate, here's some Queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment