Monday, 19 May 2014

Let's Run

This weekend I did something I never thought I'd do: I ran a 5K in our city's marathon.

My goal was to come in at less than 45 minutes (which I know is pretty slow for a 5K, but I've only been running for a few weeks, so gimme a break!) and I came in at 41:13! I walked a bit more than I wanted/anticipated, but I felt so proud once I crossed the finish line. A few months ago, if you told me I'd be running in a race, I would've probably laughed at you, so I'm really happy with myself that I was able to finish it.

I definitely want to keep running, and my goal is to be able to run a 5K in 30 minutes by the end of the summer. I think I can do it!

If you've been thinking about starting to run but are nervous about it, I highly recommend the Couch-to-5K app. It has been incredibly helpful and has made it a lot easier than expected.

Here's to surprising yourself with what you can accomplish and becoming active!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first race!!
    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete