Saturday, 29 March 2014

Under the Bridge





One thing to know about me is that I have severe panic attacks if I'm somewhere where I feel like I can't easily leave - airplanes, tunnels, bridges during heavy traffic, elevators in really tall buildings, etc. For a while, I couldn't drive over any bridges at all. So one of my goals was to drive through the world's longest covered bridge to get the double bridge/sort of tunnel effect.

This past weekend, a friend of mine and I went to Montreal to see Childish Gambino (and it was AMAZING) and we took a short detour to Hartland, New Brunswick, where the world's longest covered bridge is located.

It wasn't as long as I expected, but it was still really neat to drive through; and I did it without any anxiety! Success!

Our overall trip was great, too. My boss got us tickets to the Montreal Opera's production of Hansel & Gretel (which ended up being the first time I didn't hate operatic singing), finally made it to the Biodome, and got to visit some friends (plus a bit of shopping, of course!)






Our New York trip is only 4 months away. I can't wait! Katy Perry! Broadway! Coney Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment