Thursday, 14 March 2013

Breakfast in Bathurst

This weekend was my step grandmother's 80th birthday and my dad rented a bed & breakfast in Bathurst, NB for the occasion. I've always wanted to stay in a B&B but I'm not really sure why. I guess it's all the time I've spent in hotels and hostels and wanting to experience something different for once.


We rented the entire B&B for the 11 of us, and I was beyond blown away by the place when we got there. Bathurst doesn't really scream modern and swanky, but this place was definitely that and more. There was a faux fireplace made of glass with precious stones lining the edge, beautiful artwork on the walls, and brand new, stainless steel everything. Each bedroom had its own flat screen TVs and washrooms with giant glass showers. The room I had was Paris themed which was perfect for me.








In the morning, they made us pancakes topped with strawberry cream cheese, fresh fruit, and maple flakes. Again - not something I expected!

The only negative thing I'd have to say is that because this place was so modern and because we had rented it out for all of us rather than me staying there with a bunch of strangers, I felt like I didn't have a true B&B experience - or whatever my idea of that is. I feel like I'll have to stay in another more traditional B&B some time to compare the two experiences.

That being said, if ever you're looking for a great place to stay in Bathurst, you really should go to this place. It's about the same cost as a regular hotel, but is nicer than most places I've stayed at. Check out their website and let me know what you think!

1 comment: