Friday, 22 February 2013

30ish Day Shred

A few of the goals on my bucket list are fitness oriented, specifically the ones about wanting to do the split again & getting back to (at least) a size 7. I'm not overly concerned about what weight I am so much as how I feel & look in clothes.

I used to be a size 5 for a long time - I still felt a little insecure about my body, but I think that had more to do with being young and unconfident overall rather than how I actually looked. But the thing is that I also used to be really active - soccer, volleyball, dance, golf, swimming, gymnastics, softball, etc. In high school we had to do a fitness test in gym class and I was the 2nd or 3rd most flexible person in my entire grade - now I can hardly touch my toes!

I used to model some clothes for my friend's eBay store
This is what I looked like in 2007ish

Nowadays, I feel really insecure about myself - I can hardly fit into most of my clothes, it takes me forever to get ready because everything makes me feel horrible about myself and I spend more time trying to pick clothes that hide parts of my body I hate rather than clothes I actually like. 

This is me now.

So I decided to finally do something about it. After following a few fitness Tumblrs and seeing them all rave about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, I've decided to try it out. I started a little under 2 weeks ago, but instead of doing the 30 days non stop (which Jillian herself even says you aren't supposed to do!) I'm doing 2 days of 30DS, 1 day of ab/cardio/other exercise, repeat, and then one rest day. I've already seen a huge improvement in my endurance and flexibility - time will tell if it'll change the way I look, too, but online before/after pics are really promising! I've also tried to eat better (which I've found to be a bigger challenge than working out), so I'm hoping that'll help & also give me more energy.

I totally almost cried during the first day,
but I'm following the "advanced" girl now on the videos!

My goal is to be back to a size 7 (I'm about a 9 or 11 now depending on the clothes/brand) & to be happy with how I look by my 25th birthday (December 17th, 2013) so I have almost a year to do it. 

Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment