Wednesday, 26 December 2012

The Older One Grows, The More One Likes Indecency

Since it's the holidays, I've had a bit of time to relax and do absolutely nothing and it has been wonderful. I've spent most of that watching countless episodes of Angel in an attempt to finish the series before school starts up again, but I took a bit of time off from the supernatural train and decided to cross a movie off my AFI list and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf won out.

The first thing that really caught my attention was how fantastic the acting was. It was no surprise to learn that every actor in the film was nominated for an Oscar for their performances, but it was a surprise that Richard Burton didn't win his (Liz did, though, and with good reason!)

The second thing was that despite the fact that Elizabeth Taylor gained about 30 pounds to play the part and was made to look less than startlet-esque, I still couldn't believe how incredibly gorgeous she was. Really, though.






















What a total babe. And one hell of an actress, too.

Overall, I really enjoyed the film. I can't believe this is the first movie I've ever seen starring Elizabeth Taylor (I mean, unless we count The Flintstones, which I wouldn't), but I'm looking forward to watching more.

 If you haven't seen Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf yet, you really should. Go on, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment