Monday, 17 September 2012

Feelin' Bad Looks Good

The past week was a pretty great one for crossing things off my bucket list. I did 3 things that I can cross off - so let's start at the beginning.

Wednesday night it was The Dome's 30th anniversary - a few of us were going to go and I figured this would be my chance to finally cross that one off the list, but things came up and I couldn't go anymore, but I still wanted to cross something off my list. Wednesday night is a big karaoke night in town, so I forced myself to get dressed and dragged out some folks to come watch me scratch something off the list - Singing Crazy by Aerosmith dressed like Liv Tyler in the video with scarves wrapped around the mic stand.

I don't know where I decided that that was something I needed to do before I died, but I think I just always thought it'd be a really epic karaoke song to do (and I tend to just do awful renditions of Will Smith or Run DMC or Blondie so it was pretty out of my comfort zone).

Now, I thought that she was wearing a pant suit with a tie, but I was wrong. Really wrong.

Pant suit and tie, bright silver bra - same thing, right?
So I didn't really get the dressing up part quite right, but considering I don't think I'll ever be caught dead wearing that in public, I thought that since I actually ended up dressing like Alicia Silverstone does in the video, it was good enough.

Unfortunately, there are no videos or pictures from the evening, but I can assure you it went swimmingly, and I think Steven would have approved of my zebra print scarf choice. The karaoke version actually cut out my favourite part of the song (I NEEEEED YOUR LOOOOOVE, HONNNAAAYYYEAAAH!) but overall I think I knocked it out of the park!

So bam! I get to cross that one off!

I'll dedicate actual posts to the other 2 throughout the week, but in the meantime, I leave you with this - the best Aerosmith song ever made that features Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone in the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment